This weekend has gone, well…, a little off-track. I started out working on the Good Turn Web to update some of the JSON and Google App Engine code to be a little cleaner. Actually, I was resolving tickets I made for myself in JIRA.

The changes were to add a bit more of a dynamic aspect to the home page of Good Turn Web. Currently the home page shows a map of recent good turns. But the map is statically built on the server-side with the Django template engine. My goal, and the intent of the JIRA ticket, was to build a JSON interface to the backend database and allow the home page and other pages to pull the data (AJAX-style) and populate the page dynamically, on the user’s browser.

Well. I did that. Then I got off track…