A libpurple plugin adapted to work in Adium, the Mac OS X instant messaging client. The purpose of the plugin is to coordinate with our local staff In Out Board, a virtual equivalent to regular office magnetic in out boards showing who is in the office and who is not. This makes the actual work of the plugin useless outside our small environment. However, the method of creating a plugin, the wrapper code for Adium and libpurple plugins, and the documentation here are all potentially useful.
The plugin was originally developed for libpurple and Pidgin by Brent Atkinson and completely rewritten by Peter Gillis, both at USM. Pete continues to maintain the core plugin. My code simply includes his sources and uses it as-is. Any needed changes are being contributed back to his codebase.
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5.9+-v.1.1.zip: binary of version 1.1 to work with Adium >= version 1.5.9
- Adium Plugin Source: Not yet available.
- Pidgin Plugin: Pete’s core plugin code (binary and source).
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5.8+-v.1.0.7.zip: binary of version 1.0.7 to work with Adium >= version 1.5.8
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5.6+-v.1.0.6.zip: binary of version 1.0.6 to work with Adium >= version 1.5.6
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5.4+-v.1.0.5.zip: binary of version 1.0.5 to work with Adium >= version 1.5.4
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5.1+-v1.0.4.zip: binary of version 1.0.4 to work with Adium >= version 1.5.1b1
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.5+-v1.0.3.zip: binary of version 1.0.3 to work with Adium >= version 1.5b3
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.4+-v1.0.3.zip: binary of version 1.0.3 to work with Adium >= version 1.4b18
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.4+-v1.0.2.zip: binary of version 1.0.2 to work with Adium >= version 1.4.
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.4+-v1.0.1.zip: binary of version 1.0.1 to work with Adium >= version 1.4.
- InOutBoardPlugin-Adium1.4+-v1.0.0.zip: binary of version 1.0.0 to work with Adium >= version 1.4.
The Adium advanced preference view for the plugin.
The Adium status selection menu.
The USM InOutBoard web application.
- HOWTO: Wrap a libpurple plugin for Adium. Provided the majority of what was needed to develop the plugin. Very helpful for project setup and initial code.
- Creating Plugins wiki article on Adium’s wiki. Unfortunately not very helpful at the time of development. Refers to Toby’s Guide To Plugin AUthoring which had a little more information.
- Map of Adium. A wiki page that described where and how to add configuration (advanced preference pane) to the plugin.
- How-to: Create an Adium Plugin (defunct: fadeover.org/blog/archives/25). Did not really use this site, has some good, basic, tips.